August 31, 2020
- We’ve hit the back half of the season. This is where playoff races tighten and tiebreakers get crazy! A refresher of SFL tiebreaking procedures is below my availability for the week as a refresher for those who need it.
- 11 of the league’s 22 teams will make the playoffs this season and Wild Card Weekend now gets it’s own weekend. The playoff schedule is as follows:
- No. 11 vs. No. 6 / No. 10 vs. No. 7 / No. 9 vs. No. 8 – Oct. 10 or 11
- SFL Quarterfinals – Oct. 17 and 18
- SFL Semifinals – Oct. 24 or 25
- SFL Championship Game – Sunday November 1
- The league has made progress on its off-season schedule. The minor league’s second season will begin Friday October 9 and run through Friday November 27. The semifinals will be the weekend of December 5 and the Championship will be played the weekend of December 12. The Rookie Draft will take place the weekend before Christmas.
- Availability all non-gameday week long for anyone that needs it or wants it. If you have questions, if you’re confused about something, if you want more information or anything and everything or if you just want to talk SFL or life, I am here for you to give you undivided attention. All I ask is you respect other’s time and mine, understanding that you are not the only appointment that day or that week.
- TUE – 10:30 am-12:00 pm CT / 3:00-5:00 pm CT
- WED – 12:00-2:00 pm CT / 7:30-8:00 pm CT
- THU – 2:00-3:00 pm CT / 5:30-7:00 pm CT
- FRI – 11:00 am-1:30 pm CT
You can make appointments here: https://calendly.com/simulationfl
- Playoff tiebreakers – in order of importance
- Head-to-head (if three or more teams are tied, head-to-head sweep must apply)
- Common games (minimum of three)
- Strength of victory
- Strength of schedule
- Point differential
- Top win
- Point differential against top win
- A head-to-head win or head-to-head sweep win automatically grants a tiebreaker won. A head-to-head sweep loss automatically grants a tiebreaker lost
- In all other scenarios, tiebreakers are used to eliminate teams. Once a team has been slotted worst in a tiebreaker, the tiebreaker process starts over in order of importance