November 17 ,2018
The Simulation Football League owners approved a new league Code of Conduct for its various social interaction sites, including game chats and in the Discord community, publicly and privately. The proposal passed 18-3.
– Publicly publishing personal information of another member without consent
– Having duplicate accounts on the Discord server
– Having multiple users on the same Discord account
– Posting private Discord channel information somewhere else without consent
– Having received at least 2 warnings from the Discord Mod Team to stop behavior, but continuing
– Making any racist, sexist, or otherwise discriminatory comment towards another member or group of people.
– Revealing a team playbook to someone not on that team
– Revealing the results of a SFL game before it is broadcast, for those privy to that information as league and/or support staff
- The following ladder of punishments will be handed out for major offenses:
– First Offense: If approved by a 2/3 ownership (off-season) or competition committee (in-season) majority vote, suspension from all league activities for the remainder of the season. If not approved, the offender will be warned in a written league statement that they are to immediately refrain from the specifically outlined offenses or they will be subject to further action.
– Any further offense —Will result in an immediate ban from all league activities for a period of the current and following SFL seasons. The offending party can then petition the league for reinstatement subject to by a 2/3 ownership (off-season) or competition committee majority vote.
– Spamming SFL members, either in public chat or DM, about non-SFL related products and services.
– Displaying poor sportsmanship in the broadcast chat or Discord server by posting personal attacks against an individual or team.
– Repeatedly accusing other SFL members of violations without relevant evidence or reason.
– Having knowledge of another SFL member violating the rules and not immediately bringing the issue to the League Office.
- The following ladder of punishments will be handed out for minor offenses.
– First Offense: Player will lose all activity points currently held. Team Staff members will be silenced from public channels for no less than 72 hours.
– Second Offense: Player will not be able to accumulate Player Points for the remainder of the season. Team Staff members will be suspended from the league from their position for four weeks and be remove from the locker room for that time.
– Third Offense: Player will be retired. Team Staff members will be removed by the league from their current position
– Fourth Offense: User will be banned from League Discord and unable to create any new players or holding any further staff positions in the future.